Here is the WorldHope Corps Report from the UMC Church HopeHome program for March 2009:
UMC Church building in Mzuzu
THE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
HOPE HOMES AND HOPE SCHOOLARSHIP
FEB – MARCH 2009[Note: US $1.00 = 139MK Malawi currency]
INCOME MK 276,000.00
EXPENDITURES MK 328,551.61
Fees for Exams
Calculators for student
1. Note that we had MK82 000.00 for blanket, as a gift from Malawi Missionary conference as a way of supporting the Hope Homes initiative. This raises our expenditure index.
2. We have a number of students taking exams in June in Accounting and Business Management and we have just paid their exams fees.
3. As for the expenditure of Bob Robbin’s Account with Esnat’s children, it will come next week since we have one more event with them. After that the account will be completely exhausted.
4. We had 125 children for the Feb-March 2009 Picnic on 21/3/09 and the program was more exciting than ever before.
5. We are more than grateful for your support.
Children are awaiting your arrival on 21/05/09 and we plan to have another picnic program on 23/05/09 in your company.
Leaster Mhone (Lay leader
Francis Mzumara (Vice Treasurer)
Below are photos of rice distribution at the parsonage: